With 3 bedrooms total, up to 6 people may stay in our upstairs, tastefully + smartly furnished apartment in Brooklyn on an incredible community-oriented block with communal gardens, plus a lovely outdoor Japanese-style garden for socially distant lounging!
Expertly cleaned prior to check-in, and gaps between check-ins and out. Discounts automatically set for long-term stays! Children are welcomed on a case-by-case basis.
DISCOUNTS FOR HEALTHCARE WORKERS! **Right by SUNY Downstate Hospital!**
Airbnb has a COMMUNITY VIBE, even in these weird socially-distant times! We invite strangers into our home and welcome you as friends while giving you the space and respect you need. We have hosted since 2011, and we want to continue to do so, safely.
We have met over 2,000 people from around the world; it is remarkable. Here are some details to keep this going:
For cleanliness and sanitation in times of COVID-19, we take your health (and ours) very seriously. There are up to 3 bedrooms that are available to YOUR RESERVATION ALONE (no other guests mixing) but you must tell us in advance so we may ready them and price them accurately. Your areas are 95% private with no common areas are shared for sake of germs. I only enter (after sanitizing my hands, and with a mask only) to use a private, sealed off room about an hour each day. All common spaces and bedrooms are used by only your reservation.
... INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR BOOKING >>>
We have a few requests when inquiring so that you get a QUICK AND POSITIVE acceptance!
1. PROFILE: Have a PHOTO of YOU, along with a BIO to let us know a little bit about you! (Where you're from, what you do, etc.) Please, verify your ID.
2. PLANS: Tell us about your travel plans TO NYC, duration, and the first and last name of each guest on your reservation. We also need to know HOW MANY BEDROOMS you will require so we may prepare them and price the space accurately.
3. AGREEMENT: Confirm you have read the terms of stay, and that you agree to follow the few house + cleanliness rules during your stay and check-out. Always let us know if you develop any symptoms of illness so we may assist you and be there when needed, and also keep ourselves more safe when entering the space.
4. GET HAPPY!: If we have the space and you've done #1,2,3, we WELCOME you gladly! Hosting people from the around the world is awesome and you've chosen the BEST VALUE anywhere!
Our home is a BUDGET TRAVELER'S DREAM! A peaceful oasis to stay at while you're in need of reprieve with all linens and supplies included. We have tastefully and thoughtfully decorated our home, so please treat it and relax just as you would in your own.
If desired, we have easy subway access to Manhattan on two subway lines- 2,5 at Church Avenue, and easily transferable to the 3,4 trains at Franklin Avenue, and the N,Q,R,B,D lines at Atlantic Avenue. We are by the B44 SBS bus, and a 20-30 minute walk to Prospect Park, depending on your pace and leisure.
About the HOME:: Our home was lovingly renovated in 2012 and 2016 with updates all throughout. We have up to three guest rooms for your use. We are located in Flatbush, Brooklyn on a very colorful, vibrant, community-oriented block, a 20 minute walk to Prospect Park!
Each bedroom has…
- large queen-sized comfy bed (front bedroom is only big enough for one person, or two very small people)
- closet to hang clothing and store luggage
- a fan, air conditioner, and a heater for winter
- hair dryer
- a lamp
- a mirror
- a huge guidebook with tips and places to visit (whenever it is safe)
- a TV with Netflix and a DVD player (bring your own if you'd like!)
About our HOME:: Our 115 year old row-house was gut renovated in 2012. We occupy the whole row home.
- Our home has our office and Airbnb rooms up top.
- Free street parking is available.
- The subway stop is 3 quick blocks away, which has the Express 5 (20 minutes to Manhattan- Financial Districts and several transfer points- about 40 minutes to Grand Central Station), and the Local 2 train. For the price, you can't beat the subway access!
For your use, we provide…
- KEYLESS entry! (No keys, much safer; come and go as you please)
- lockable bedroom doors
- free WiFi
- laundry facilities with detergent provided
- body soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner to use
- kitchen: utensils, plates, cups, and bowls, kettle, microwave, coffee and tea
About the NEIGHBORHOOD:::
The neighborhood is Flatbush, bordering Ditmas Park and Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Our neighborhood is very residential and typically quieter than most urban cities. We all garden together, and have won some city-wide grants and competitions! Our neighbors have been our saving grace during COVID-19. The summertime is louder on the block because very few people have air conditioning and enjoy hanging outside, especially during this socially-distant time. The neighbors are friendly, so say hello as you pass (with your mask on, please)! The ages of the neighborhood are very diverse (young children to elderly homeowners who have been here for 40 years). Flatbush has a lot of local charm and people with hearts of gold.
Jamaican food is plentiful (jerk chicken- yeah!) and they are still doing take-out; there is also a local donut shop nearby, Subway, Thai, sushi, pizza, and Indian food for delivery or a 5-15 minute walk to the restaurant, as well as many chain stores like Dominos, Dunkin' Donuts, IHOP, and Walgreens/Rite Aid drug stores. There is also a Planet Fitness (handy for Black-Card members!) once that re-opens. The grocery store is nearby.
Many students, young professionals, elderly, children live around-- it is very diverse and fun. The subway station is very busy and usually has a lot of litter and trash around, unfortunately. It is busy, lively and well lit; lots of traffic and people hanging out, loving life. Mostly working-class population, so lots of commuters each morning and night during normal times. There are not giant housing complexes around; it is a true neighborhood, so smile at everyone and you're sure to get a friendly "good morning!" or "God be with you!" Police station and Fire Station are two blocks away.
We are close to Prospect Park-- our favorite part of the borough, and the biggest reason we moved here! About a 20 minute walk, there is a new ice-skating rink (October-April) and in the summer, paddle boat and bicycle rental, and roller skating as well (April-October). It was a $90 million complex! In Prospect Park, there are many large fields for a picnic and trails to walk. There is also a gathering of Food Trucks from May-October every 1st and 3rd Sunday from 11am-5pm, and a long-run Farmer's Market year-round on Saturdays from 8am-3pm. Also the food market Smorgasburg takes place here and is about a 30 minute walk from our door. This park was designed by the same people who designed Central Park.
Brooklyn Botanic Gardens are a 35 minute walk, or a 10 minute subway ride right to the entrance.
Four subway stops away (or a 40 minute walk) at Franklin Avenue there are many restaurants with burgers, ice cream, vegetarian options, organic grocery stores, bars, coffee shops, wine stores, Thai food, shopping boutiques, live music, and poetry readings, most of which are all doing take-out.
For reference after COVID-19 and reopenings happen (this will end someday!) ---- Just a 10 minute walk down the road is Kings Theater (built originally in 1929 and shut in the 70s) just underwent a $93 million renovation and re-opened in February 2015. It has been called the Radio City Music Hall of Brooklyn, and it is quite extravagant. Restorationists and Architects would be delighted to tour this place and see a concert or show. Many big names come here including Diana Ross, Sarah McLaughlin, Sufjan Stevens, Ringo Starr, Spoon, Passion Pit, Gladys Knight, ballets, and Broadway-type shows like Annie. We are very glad this has opened here!
Тип на стаята
Тип на мястото
Може да настани
Бруклин, New York, САЩ